Friday, August 31, 2012

Introducing My Happy Place

Now that I think I have things about set up the way I want them and have done a couple trial pattern posts, it's time I clue ya in on my happy place.  My knitting room is my happy place in life and it seems like all the world's troubles take second seat when I'm knitting.  Well, if I don't do stupid things along the way that prevent me from being happy with myself, that is.  I've been knitting long enough that things like that shouldn't happen but trust me, they do.  I am an avid sock knitter and have quite the following of my sock lovers so I'm really never at a shortage of projects to work on or gifts to make.  I've also dabbled in dyeing my own yarns which makes homemade socks even more special.  I love the possibilities of  dyeing.

And knitting chemo caps has found a near and dear place in my heart the last few years.  We have so many friends and family members that have gone thru or going thru treatments.  It just makes my heart ache each time I make a cap either for a close friend or donation but I can only hope that they bring a smile to their faces, even the funky ones.

I don't do a lot of garment knitting but I have been known to do an occasional jacket or sweater.  So, I'll probably be talking about socks along with techniques and other knitting but for the time being I'm going to focus on getting some machine patterns posted for chemo caps.  Even if you don't have a personal friend or family member that needs a cap right now, please consider making some for donation.  Not only will it help those in need, it will do wonders for your spirits to know that you can help in some little way.

                                                                     Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment