Friday, March 20, 2015

Tapered Leg Warmer


slisen.blogspot.com

 I got desperate this winter and worked up a couple pairs of tapered leg warmers with superwash wool sock yarn on my standard gauge machine with ribber.  The other straight ones I made (in a previous post) were fine but they did slouch a bit and I wanted them to stay up and cover as much skin as possible.  Don’t know about you but my legs aren’t straight up and down so I devised a tapered version to better fit my leg contours merely by adjusting tension from tighter tension at the ankle to looser at the knee.  And as luck would have it, I had just received the Lycra that I ordered and added it to the top few rows.  Works great and kept my legs toasty through the awful cold of winter just fine.  Here’s what I did.  You can adjust number of cast on stitches or tensions that will best fit your leg.  One 100 gram skein of sock yarn will make a pair of warmers.
P.S.  Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of your own legs???


No comments:

Post a Comment