Machine: Silver Reed SK860, 6.5mm Midgauge with ribber
Yarn: Bernat Baby Jacquards, 1 skein
Or any soft baby weight yarn
Gauge: Approx 3-1/2 sts, 8 rows per inch
Size: Woman’s Medium
Dimensions: 7” inside diameter, 11” long; unstretched
1) CO 88 in 1x1 ribbing with the outermost left
on the main bed and the outermost right
on the ribber.
2) T 0/0, RC000.
K140R in English rib for foldover cuff,
for non foldover cuff.
Note: A short version makes a nice sleep cap.
3) Transfer ribber sts to the main bed.
4) T2, K1R
1) Dec on every 8th st, move sts
2) Dec on every 7th st, move sts
3) Dec on every 6th st, move sts
4) Continue in this manner til 2 sts remain
decreases, move sts together, K2R.
Cut yarn, leaving
enough for seaming. Run the yarn thru
the live sts with a large eyed needle. Gather,
Working from the wrong side, sew the seam by catching the outermost sts. Pick up the knot from one edge, then the ladder between the rib layers on the other edge. This makes a flat, invisible seam.
slisen.blogspot dot com